Fire Breaks Out at XXXX Brewery in Milton, Brisbane

3 April , 2017

At approx. 5pm on Wednesday March 29th, a fire broke out at the XXXX Brewery in Brisbane's inner west. The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service said that the blaze erupted at the brewery building on Finchley Street (in Milton) due to an electrical transformer catching fire.Nine appliances and 30 fire officers attended the fire and were able to contain the outbreak to one room until Energex crews were able to resolve the problem. The fire was successfully extinguished by 6pm.The Queensland Ambulance Service attended the scene but said no-one was injured.During the incident Police put traffic diversions in place and areas around the Milton Road brewery. This in addition to the thick black smoke billowing from the roof caused traffic chaos and peak-hour delays in the area.An electrical fire is one of the most common types of fire that can occur. This incident highlights the importance of having effective fire-fighting equipment properly installed, maintained and regularly tested. This is particularly important in facilities that are considered high-risk, such as manufacturing plants which commonly host and operate large amount of electrical equipment. It is also critically important that workplace staff be properly trained to effectively tackle such fires in their early stages.For more information on preparing for and responding to workplace fires, contact the First 5 Minutes Team.

<< BACK TO NEWS
F5M Find out your requirements