Fire Breaks Out at NSW Retirement Village

9 June , 2016

On Monday 6th June, just after noon, a fire broke out at a retirement village in Castle Hill, NSW.

When emergency services arrived smoke was billowing from one of the retirement units. A search of the premises discovered that the unit was empty and that the fire had started in the kitchen.

Fortunately no one was harmed during the incident. Upon the raising of the alarm, staff activated the centre's Emergency Management Plan, immediately evacuating residents from neighbouring units to a safe area.

This incident is a timely reminder that fires can happen anywhere and at any time. Having an effective Emergency Management Plan in place is essential to managing your requirements for occupant safety.

To read the full news story, click here.

 Fire Alarm Testing Regulations


F5M Find out your requirements